LINCOLN CIVIC CENTER BASEBALL COMPLEX
2019 SPRING DIXIE YOUTH LOCAL LEAGUE RULES
-Teams will have the option to choose pant colors other than the standard gray pants. EVERY player on the team must have the same color pants. If all players on the team are not able to get matching pants, then the team must wear the solid gray, no piping, standard pants.
-A face guard is required on all batting helmets in 6-10 year old leagues and optional in 11/12 year old Leagues. Chin straps are not required.
-A throat protector (flap) is required on catcher’s mask unless it is a hockey style catcher’s mask.
-Protective cup required for all catchers.
-Anyone warming up a pitcher between innings is required to wear a catcher’s mask. If a coach stands, no mask is required. If a coach gets in a catcher’s stance, a mask is required. ALL players are required to wear a catcher’s mask at all times.
-A player shall wear hat, shirt, socks and belt provided by the league
-A player shall wear gray pants with minimal piping provided by player
- NO steal cleats in 6-12 year old Baseball
-A player shall not sit on the bench as a substitute for two consecutive innings.
-All players on a team will bat for the entire game – Continues Batting Order
-There will be a pitch count limit in 9/10 and 11/12-year-old leagues. This will be discussed in detail and each coach will be provided a rule book.
-Game time limit will be 1:10 for 6/7/8 year olds. 6 innings
-Game time limits will be 1:20 for 9/10 and 11/12 year olds. 6 innings
-The HOME TEAM will provide a scoreboard operator for each game.
-Approved BBCOR Bats with USA Stamp have to be used in league play – See Dixie Youth for list of approved bats. Umpires will have authority to remove any bats not meeting specs.
-Coaches should provide a line-up to the official score keeper at least 10 minutes prior to the game. Line-ups should include: First Name, Last Name, Player’s Position and Player’s Number.
-The 15-run rule after 3 innings and 10-run rule after 4 innings will apply.
NEW 6 YEAR OLD COACH PITCH LEAGUE:
- 6Y coach pitch league games will be limited to 5 innings or 1 hour, whichever comes first. It will not be a drop dead time limit.
- The coach pitcher for 6Y will pitch from a rubber of thirty six inches (36’) from the back tip of home plate.
- Registration fee for 6Y will be $80.00. Costs associated with this league including insurance, baseballs, game time and schedule length are lower than the other leagues.
- All other Dixie Youth Rules apply to the 6Y League. Please see rule book for a complete listing,
8U COACH PITCH
-Coach Pitch: There will be a 7-run rule maximum allowed per inning except for the 6th inning (last inning) only in 6/7/8-year olds. Runs may be scored until there are three outs or until the game is decided by other means of ending a game. If game goes into a 7th inning it will revert back to 7 run limit then the tie breaker rule will apply. The “open scoring ONLY applies to the 6th inning if time allows and the game goes that far.
-Coach Pitch: A legal pitch by a “Coach Pitcher” requires that one foot be inside the designated circle and the other foot at least be on the line of the circle when the ball is released as a pitch.
- Coach Pitch: If the “Coach Pitcher” is hit by a batted ball, the play is considered dead and a no pitch is declared. The batter returns to bat again and takes up the previous count.
- Coach Pitch: If a “Runner Player” passes a base prior to the pitcher player gaining control of the ball and ending the play, the runner may advance to the next base at their own risk. The umpire will call timeout with runners on base when the play comes to its natural end.
-Coach Pitch: All players will play defense with extra players positioned in the outfield. Players in the outfield must be positioned 20 feet or more from the normal base path.
-Rainout games will be attempted to be played on Friday or Saturday of the week of the rainout unless a scheduled tournament and in such case will be played the next available Friday or Saturday. If all games can be made up on a Friday night (enough field space to get them all in) then we will play on Friday if not the make-up games will be on Saturday. Game times to be determined by LCC Baseball Manager.
-The official scorekeeper will keep the pitch count and the game time remaining will be displayed on the scoreboard. Pitch count updates will be communicated with both Coaches and the Umpire between innings. Coaches must notify scorekeeper when they change pitchers.
- All Dixie Youth Rules apply as well
Opening Weekend Jamboree
All games are a 1 hour time limit except if the home team still hasn’t had it last bat. The home team will finish last bat. There is no tie breaker rule on Jamboree games.